4 Things You Should Know About Quartz

Has your curiosity piqued when you heard about the amazing things about quartz worktops? We don’t blame you.

Quartz is unquestionably one of the best worktops materials on the market for various reasons, not the least of which are durability, pattern/colour options, hygienic features, and its sustainable manufacturing processes. Aside from those factors, one of the main reasons why a lot of homeowners are now purchasing quartz over granite materials is because quartz does not need to be sealed.

So, in case you’re doing some research, we’ve gathered four things about quartz worktop that you might not be aware of:

#1 They are not 100% percent pure quartz.

While almost the entirety of a quartz worktop is composed of natural minerals, it is not a pure stone material. The average quartz worktop slab only has 97% quartz minerals, and the other remaining 3% resin is used to hold all of those elements altogether.

Some quartz products include additional pre and post-consumer recycled material to further develop the colour options so buyers can have a worktop surface that resembles most natural stones.

#2 Quartz is NOT recognized as a natural stone worktop.

While it seems like it would be a natural stone worktop product, quartz worktops are only made using pieces of quartz stones that are all linked together with a non-porous resin. Because of this, quartz is considered to be an engineered or manufactured worktop.

In addition to its sturdiness and non-porous characteristics, quartz worktops can be made into unique styles and shapes (such as sinks), creating unique dimensions and curves that wouldn’t be possible for marble or granite worktop surfaces without an abundance of ugly cuts and seams.

#3 Quartz is better than granite stones.

We don’t say this subjectively. It is just the simple truth that everybody should know about. While granite is still a remarkable surface material, it has a lot of pitfalls and it requires various maintenance just to sustain its beauty and functionality.

Here’s the thing: Quartz is actually five times sturdier than granite. This basically means it is essentially resistant to breaks, chips, and cracks. Because resin is a non-porous material, it does not need to be sealed in any form which makes quartz worktops resistant to etching and staining. Additionally, since quartz worktops are non-porous, harmful bacteria and mould/mildew can’t easily grow and spread. This factor alone is a big plus for homeowners, especially those with small children.

#4 Quartz is the second most abounding mineral on Earth.

Unlike granite and marble, which has to be excavated in very precise locations and some of which have already limited supplies, quartz is the second-most abounding mineral found in the Earth’s crust. Here’s where that sustainability factor comes into action.

It will be a very long time before anyone comes anywhere near to extracting notable amounts of quartz from the earth’s crust, which is not the case with the other natural stone materials.

Quartz worktops are one of the low-maintenance options on today’s market. It does not require any sealing and other pro-active maintenance. So, why do you have to settle for less when you can have the best?

BIO:

The Marble Store specializes in designing and manufacturing the finest quality worktops for their UK consumers. Over 16 years of experience in responding to the unique needs of the stone industry made them one of the grand producers of granite worktops in the country. Now, with the trust of most consumers, they are now able to produce different edge details and finishes that will make most homeowners fall in love with their creations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *